Work type: Permanent
Location: London, United Kingdom
Salary range: £23-26k (GBP)
Categories: Project management –International Development – Evaluation and Research
Who we are
The Evaluation and Research (E&R) team at Coffey is a highly successful specialist consultancy, employing a multi-national team, based in central London and Warsaw. We are part of a specialist global professional services consultancy, Tetra Tech, operating in 80 countries and employing 16,000 professionals world-wide.
Our international development (IDEV) team has built up a strong reputation in the research and evaluation of donor-funded activities. Our team designs, manages and delivers complex, large-scale research projects across the world, working with donors, governments, non-governmental organisations, universities, foundations and private businesses. We carry out high-quality independent evaluations and impact assessments and build robust monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems, both for clients and for Coffey’s own programmes, ensuring that rigorous M&E is embedded in all our work.
Our work covers economic growth, private sector development, governance, security and justice, and human and social development. We work in a range of developed and developing countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Europe, including many conflict-affected states.
The E&R practice has rapidly grown and in the number and scale of its project portfolio in recent years. The practice is comprised of two teams –
1. International Development team: this team delivers usually large projects mostly in Africa and in countries categorised by the UK as Fragile and Conflict Affected States (FCAS).
2. EU (European Union) team: this team typically delivers small to medium size projects that are awarded by the European Commission, European Parliament and the European Free Trade Association (EFTA).
We are looking to recruit a Project Coordinator (PC) for the IDEV Team in the E&R Practice who will be responsible for supporting the administration and management of the IDEV portfolio of ‘live’ projects and bids. We are looking for someone who wants to build a career as an expert Project /Programme Manager capable of managing a wide range of complex research, monitoring and evaluation assignments.
Our staff work on several projects in parallel and spend billable time through a combination of primarily home-based work in London, as well as occasional trips to project locations in other countries in Africa, Middle East and Asia. Concurrently while working on their assigned projects, the IDEV team also work on proposals as and when relevant tenders are published.
The PC will administer a portfolio of IDEV projects which will include undertaking compliance checks, arranging logistics, contracts, work plans and budgets. For all projects, the PC will maintain standard project management documents such as risk registers and issue logs. The PC will also support and keep track of resource utilisation on IDEV projects and will ensure that all resources in the practice are optimally utilised and there is neither under-utilisation nor over-utilisation of resources across projects and bids. The PC will continuously liaise with project team leads to ascertain resource requirements in projects and support recruitment of suitable external consultants as needed with Coffey’s recruitment team and the E&R Project Management Unit.
• Logistics and project administration for IDEV projects, providing administrative and logistical support to projects, for:
- Coordination of resource mobilisations, in line with Coffey’s mobilisation procedure;
- Supporting Project Managers in tracking and updating project work plans, resource plans and budgets;
- Formatting of documents according to house style and report production;
- Conducting Due diligence; and
- Preparing draft Contracts
• Liaise with IDEV Project Manager and team members regularly to track project issues, risks and monitor budget and scope across projects in the IDEV portfolio of projects.
• Monitor resource requirements of each project and in consultation with Project Managers and E&R Practice Head support search and recruitment of short-term external consultants and sub-contractors; and support the E&R Practice Resource Manager to maintain a resource utilisation tracker for the EU Team
• Support the E&R Practice Management Unit to implement documented change control processes across projects.
This role reports to the E&R Project Manager and indirectly to the Head of the PMU and to the Practice Head.
What we are looking for
We are looking for the right professional with a specific set of skills and experience. The successful candidate will demonstrate the following key skills and experience:
• At least one to two years of relevant experience in project management.
• A strong working knowledge of a range of software applications and strong computer skills including Microsoft Windows Word, Excel, Office, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Well-developed quality and results focused orientation
• Excellent interpersonal skills/ strong customer service ethic, with experience of negotiation
• Strong team player and leadership potential
• Clear, confident and articulate communicator
• Strong organisational skills with high attention to detail
• Accountable for outcomes and ability to meet deadlines
• Financial management experience.
• Proven experience in report writing and presentation.
• Knowledge and experience of the Department for International Development (DFID) and its programmes.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognised tertiary institution in a relevant subject (e.g. Business Management, International Development) required.
- Project management qualification such as PRINCE2 or PMP desirable
What we can offer you
- The role provides the opportunity to further develop your portfolio and project management and leadership skills within a team of like-minded professionals.
- The position being offered is a full-time permanent post based in Coffey’s offices in central London. The role may involve travel to client locations.
- Coffey offers a competitive salary, bonus scheme and a pension contribution. In addition, Coffey provides private health insurance, life assurance and 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter, clearly outlining your relevant experience and suitability for the role. The closing date for applications is 7 May 2019.
Coffey is an equal opportunities employer.
Candidates must have the Right-to-Work within the United Kingdom.